Why I need a mentor

“When Paul S Randal offers you free mentor-ship and you are interested, you will be inspired to write your first blog post.”

 

Starting a blog post was always in my “to-do” list but it never happened. I can blame many things however; it cannot explain my time mismanagement.  When Paul S Randal offered his mentor-ship program, I inspired me to write this blog post. The inspiration to write this blog is forceful because it was prerequisite to write a blog. When you get an opportunity to get guidance from an expert, you admire the most you never want to lose that. There are many reasons why I feel a mentor can help me but I am writing only top two.

I feel lost sometimes what to learn, what not to in this every changing technology. I feel need of a guide many time to get some direction where should I focus my energies. The experience of a legend in my profession can give me a direction and a reason to stick to the path.  

People management is a bit different- hiring smart people is difficult and retaining them is even more difficult. I am seeking guidance to get some momentum in my new role as a team leader. It will not help only me but the 14 members who I can inspire to their best and you know the chain goes on.

 

Other reasons why I need a mentor is to help me improve my writing and presentation skills. I am not sure if I will be lucky to get Paul’s mentor-ship but I have taken the first step to start the journey.


Comments